The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Recruitment Intern
Requisition ID: req43093
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Open to Expatriates: No
Sector: Human Resources
Job Overview / Summary
- Under the direct supervision of the Talent Acquisition Officer, The Recruitment Intern serves as part of the focal point for the coordination of recruitment-related activities as well as the provision of recruitment support to ensure the effective and efficient execution of processes, projects, and activities.
Support the Talent Acquisition Team in achieving the core objectives to:
- Maintain employment files and records per IRC Policy and legal regulations.
- Update our internal databases with new employee information, including contact details and employment forms.
- Screen resumes and application forms for casuals, Drivers, and enumerators.
- Schedule and confirm interviews with candidates
- Post, update, and remove job ads from Job boards for lower-level recruitment
- Support recruitment exercises as needed
- Support in the creation and filing of new staffs documents
- Uploading existing personnel files, ensuring that all necessary information are intact
- General organization of recruitment office documents/Paperwork
- Any other official duties assigned by the supervisor.
Education / Experience:
- BSc / HND in Social Sciences
- Fresh Graduate who has recently completed NYSC.
Skills and Abilities:
- Professional proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities
- Good understanding of the recruitment cycle
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Candidate should have the desire to learn about all aspects of HR
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills, including the ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Keen attention to details
- Ability to communicate fluently in English. (Hausa and Kanuri is a plus)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to multitask, learn quickly and work independently in a fast-paced and detail-oriented environment.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below