Company Name: Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI)
Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) is a Youth-led Organizations implementing humanitarian response to IDPs and other highly vulnerable communities in the North East Nigeria. Established and registered as an NGO in 2018 with Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. We have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance. Our approach is aligned with our mission to enhance services delivery and empower citizens envisioning a world where people in the most remote areas of the globe can have access to the basic needs of life. With values around Integrity, Partnership, result-based and sustainability.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2023
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Programme / Communication Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Description of Role
- Given the above background particularly the goal of the communication strategy, the intern will support the staff to meet the increasing strategic communication with donors, partners and communities to ensure visibility of project activities and advocacies for CATAI.
- Working with programme teams to document impact stories for further sharing and profiling the organisation’s work to effectively draw lessons and in line with CATAI policies.
- Compiling quarterly newsletters and bi-monthly bulletins
- Designing and coordinating the production of IEC materials (such as t-shirts, banners, documentaries, photos, posters, flyers and brochures) by working closely with service providers and the procurement team.
- Working with the communication team in planning and organizing internal and public events as well as outreach meetings in line with the CATAI strategic priorities.
- Participation in promoting CATAI visibility on existing organizational platforms and approved social media sites
- Make posts of impact stories documented (along with photos and/or video clips).
- Write donor communications reports as desired.
- Cover of project activities, public events, coordination meetings, sensitisations, advocacies and other events are required.
- Support the management of CATAI of social media handles.
- Perform any other related duties as requested.
Required Educational Qualifications, Experiences, Technical Skills and Language Competence
- A Degree in Mass Communications, Law, Journalism, Social Sciences, Media or related field.
- 1 year of experience working in the humanitarian setting.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the “apply now” icon below