Company Name: iMMAP Nigeria (Information Management and Mine Action Programs)
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
Application Closing Date
14th July, 2023
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: PLRCAP Intern (Promoting Local Response Capacities and Partnerships)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Length: 6 Months
Description of Duties
- The intern works to support the administrative and communication needs of the PLRCAP program, under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Support organization and smooth functioning of the PLRCAP learning and research activities.
- Support in the substantial development of the NGO Resource Library with research and the testing and review of resources.
- Assist in meeting note-taking and keeping track of planning and calendar deadlines and individual tasks.
- Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
- Providing real-time scheduling support by booking appointments and preventing conflicts.
- Making travel arrangements, such as booking flights, cars, and making hotel and restaurant reservations.
- Respond to inquiries and routing them to the appropriate party.
- Input and update data in databases and other systems accurately.
- Organize update and maintain electronic SharePoint team files.
- Prepare well-structured original content for the PLRCAP social media handles.
- Develop engaging and visually appealing content, including images, videos, and infographics for social media handles.
- Promote course learnings and findings – and share resource and content among the hub members.
- Create questionnaires, polls and other feedback tools to apply to the social media handles.
- Curate and analyze feedback on the hub and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Create a content calendar outlining specific themes, events, and campaigns for each month.
- Incorporate storytelling to highlight success stories, impact, and the organization’s mission.
- Ensure content is optimized for each platform and includes relevant hashtags and keywords.
- Include a mix of promotional, educational, and entertaining content to keep followers engaged.
- Publish scheduled content on Twitter and LinkedIn according to the content calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for mentions, comments, and messages, and respond promptly.
- Engage with followers through likes, retweets, shares, and comments to foster a sense of community.
- Run targeted social media campaigns for fundraising initiatives, events, and volunteer recruitment.
- Share relevant news, articles, and resources related to the organization’s cause and sector.
- Monitor analytics and track KPIs to measure the success of the social media efforts.
- Continuously optimize strategies based on data insights and user feedback.
· Any other team task as reasonably requested by program management.
- University / Institute Degree in Social Sciences, Communications or relevant field.
- 6 months – 1 year of work experience, preferred
- Knowledge of social media trends and social networking tools
- Experience with creating content for the web.
- Mastery of the major social media platforms, particularly Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of social media analytics software including, Google Analytics and Twitter Analytics to track audience engagement and campaign performance.
- Experience with content management systems and basic image/video editing software
- Knowledge of graphic art applications such as Canva, Adobe Photoshop, etc is desirable.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Excellent internet research skills
- Ability to work independently and also with a team
- Excellent work habits with a willingness to work in a multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, including proven ability in administration, finance and logistics.
- Excellent communication skills, including drafting documents.
- Excellent computer skills in the Windows and Microsoft Office especially MS Excel MS PowerPoint and MS Access.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the ”apply now” icon below