ICAP is a global health leader situated at Columbia University, ICAP has worked since 2003 with one central goal: to improve the health of families and communities.
We are recruiting highly qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Intern
Job no: 497500
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Work type: Temporary Full-Time
Report to: Administrative and Procurement Officer
Start Date: September 2023
- We seek highly qualified candidates to serve as IT Intern in our Country Office.
- The IT Intern is responsible for providing first-line end-user support, hardware installation, upgrading, and troubleshooting and ensuring optimal staff workstation performance.
- Provide support and first-line response to general IT inquiries and requests.
- Effectively escalate IT-related issues and provide first-line support to users in the office
- Maintain and keep ICT hardware inventory up to date.
- Configure, update and repair hardware and software including but not limited to printers, scanners, computers, servers, routers, and switches.
- Monitor the operation and security of computer systems and ensure that they are used as per ICAP SOP.
- Process user access requests and authorizations for information systems including emails and other applications.
- Process and escalate requests for information system changes to meet programming requirements as identified.
- Identify and escalate emerging information system needs to meet programming requirements.
- Assist with software and hardware installation, upgrading, and troubleshooting to ensure optimal staff workstation performance.
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field
Experience, Skills & Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Up-to-date knowledge of software test design and testing methodologies.
- Conversant with but not limited to the following technologies: Windows 10/8 Operating Systems, Microsoft Office 365, Ubiquiti routers, Fortinet routers and firewalls, cloud computing, and hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Solution driven.
- Possesses general IT support skills.
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
- Good organizational skills and a detail-oriented mindset.
- None required.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2023 (W. Central Africa Standard Time)
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below