Future Resilience and Development Foundation (FRAD) is a registered non-profit organization with the corporate affairs commission in accordance with the Nigerian Law. FRAD over the years having been responding to the more than decade long conflict in Northeast Nigeria with operational presence in Various LGAs across the states. FRAD envision a sustainable future where everyone can access development a world no one is left behind, and work with a mission to build the resilience of vulnerable population using locally available solutions that ensures participation and bring meaningful development leaving no one behind. These mission and vision guide our responses and intervention in thematic areas of Nutrition, protection, Education, early recovery and livelihood and food security.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The job for the IT Intern and duties include configuring hardware and software, setting up peripherals such as printers or routers, repairing equipment, and providing daily support for computer network users.
- The position will provide on-spot troubleshooting or remote support via e-mails regarding the computer network or communication systems. IT Intern will be based at FRAD Maiduguri.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Control and maintain IT systems to minimize IT service downtime
- Assist in performing software installations and support day-to-day systems operations.
- Managing the internet connective in the office and also filed location
- Hardware and software support.
- Ensure that the anti-virus within the organization is updated on a timely basis.
- Performing preventive maintenance service on the IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
- Perform general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as instructed
- Support to maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in the store, through diagnosing their status and performance.
- Maintain a record of all equipment received for repairs and maintenance.
- Ensure that internet invoices are received on time and forwarded to finance for payment
- Provide help desk and technical support to the staffs.
- Respond to and resolve IT service outages by determining the probable cause, contacting the maintenance service providers where necessary and escalating if necessary
- Must have skills of handling digital camera
- Any other activities requested by Supervisor and senior management
Experience and Technical Competencies
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in IT
- Must have sound knowledge of IT Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel.
- Good technical writing/documentation skills
- Digital skills, developing video contents etc.
- You must be committed to the PSEA, ethics and code of conduct of the FRAD profession and familiar with the Core Humanitarian Standards.
- You must be a good team player able to organize and prioritize workload.
- Have digital marketing experience
Application Closing Date
10th July, 2023.
- The title of the position must be indicated in the subject line of your e-mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- FRAD Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ethical recruitment, please note that we don’t collect money or participate in any fraudulent activities you can report such to [email protected]