Company Name: Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI)
Center for Advocacy, Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) is a Youth-led Organizations implementing humanitarian response to IDPs and other highly vulnerable communities in the North East Nigeria. Established and registered as an NGO in 2018 with Head Office in Maiduguri – Borno State. We have been visible in Borno Adamawa and Yobe (BAY) states implementing projects in protection, community empowerment, livelihood, environment, health, peace building, education and governance. Our approach is aligned with our mission to enhance services delivery and empower citizens envisioning a world where people in the most remote areas of the globe can have access to the basic needs of life. With values around Integrity, Partnership, result-based and sustainability.
Application Closing Date
19th June, 2023.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Description of Role
- Within the Center for Advocacy Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI), the human resource department is in charge of creating and putting into place efficient HR policies, procedures, and humane guidelines.
- This covers, but is not limited to, talent acquisition and development, employee engagement coordination, management of national training and learning, compensation and benefits administration, performance management oversight, disciplinary and grievance handling, staff data management, and staff disengagement management.
- The HR Intern position has been created to fill a gap in the department and support the HR Officer on HR-related tasks, including but not limited to; ensuring completion of employee documentation, HR administration and filing as well as documenting all performance actions and ensuring compliance with relevant company and labor practices; and ensuring current maintenance of personnel files, database as well as other personnel-related records.
- Ensure all job files and personnel files are populated appropriately
- Maintain digital and electronic records of personnel and job files
- Provide event management support during clinics, retreats, training sessions & events
- Support the team to perform files audit and request for outstanding documents required in the personnel and job files
- Filing of all papers and documents into appropriate employee files, prepare new employee files. Collate all approved leave forms, maintain a database for staff benefits such as Staff Health Insurance Plan
- Support the department by updating records of new and exited staff.
- Schedule meetings, HR events, maintain agendas and active calendar management
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
- Provide general and clerical support to the HR department and other duties as required
Required Educational Qualifications, Experiences, Technical Skills and Language Competence
- A minimum of HND / Bachelor’s Degree in a Social Science.
- 1 year work experience.
- A demonstrated ability to and process information into action in a timely manner
- Possess positive attitude, Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality and approachability
- Works well under pressure, to accurately follow instructions and meets tight deadlines
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools: Excel and Word
- Ability to express oneself through excellent communication skills: Verbal and Written
- Fluency in English Language.
- Center for Advocacy Transparency and Accountability Initiative (CATAI) operates in an equal opportunity environment and has policies that actively encourage gender equality, diversity and social inclusion, Child Safeguarding, Adolescents and Youth Initiatives, PSEA, GBV, VAC and Fraud.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CATAI Does not Charge any fee to facilitate any recruitment process.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the “apply now” icon below