Fact Foundation (FACT) is a Nigeria-based organisation that aims to support populations affected by ongoing and emerging global challenges through research, data, and technology solutions. RADAR is a FACT programme that promotes the use of “bottom-up” technology-based solutions in the delivery of public and humanitarian services.
The programme works in partnership with Government, I/NGOs, and Donor actors to design and deploy technology-based systems to respond to needs and support communities affected by emerging and ongoing global challenges. Using our expertise in data science, geographic information systems, and software development, we work with our partners to ensure that technology solutions are “fit to purpose” and “fit to use” which then ensures efficient and accurate decision-making, identification of beneficiaries, assignment of goods and services, as well as tracking and monitoring of impact.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graduate Communications Intern
Locations: Abuja & Borno
About the Role
- Under the management of the Senior Research Officer, The graduate communications intern will support the Fact Foundation’s communication efforts for improved visibility of our work in Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the effective management and maintenance of FACT Foundation’s website
- Support the development and implementation of communication strategies.
- Support content creation for various communication channels.
- Assist in the management of social media platforms.
- Contribute to review and editing of communication materials.
- Support the creation and editing of content for various communication channels, including website, blog, social media, newsletters, etc.
- Assist in reviewing social media platforms, including content scheduling, monitoring, and engagement with followers.
- Assist in the production of communication materials such as brochures, reports, presentations, and videos. Assist with administrative tasks related to Communications and information dissemination, such as maintaining stakeholder and donor databases.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Mass Communication, Social Sciences, or related discipline with a year of experience, or similar field.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and any other Nigerian language
- Experience in managing social media platforms and content creation.
- Familiarity with graphic design software and video editing tools is a plus.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency in using email, word processing, and spreadsheet applications, preferably Google Suite applications.
- Knowledge of website content management systems such as WordPress Demonstrated skills in teamwork and collaboration.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2023
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below