CrossBoundary Group is a mission-driven investment and advisory firm that unlocks the power of capital for sustainable growth and strong returns in underserved markets. CrossBoundary Advisory has advised on over US$700 million of closed transactions in underserved markets across a broad range of impactful sectors, including agriculture, health, education, manufacturing, ICT, infrastructure, and clean power. Our investment platforms, CrossBoundary Energy, CrossBoundary Energy Access, and CrossBoundary Educational Infrastructure, directly finance projects to bring cheaper, cleaner, and more reliable electricity, as well as education infrastructure, to developing countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Advisory Intern
- We are recruiting Interns to join our Advisory teams with the possibility of working on projects across our offices globally.
- As a member of our teams, you will actively help unlock capital in frontier markets by working with a broad range of investors, donors, and companies seeking capital to facilitate investment in the regions where we work.
Who You Are
- Self-starter who is passionate about creating lasting change in frontier markets
- Willing to take on new types of work, even without prior experience or direct supervision
- Enthusiastic about working, traveling, and living in a challenging environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to operate effectively in a changing context
- Prepare presentations with business plans, explanation of management structure, competitive landscape, and financial projection to recommend strategies
- Market assessment and ongoing market analysis
- Conduct macroeconomic, regulatory, and operational assessments
- Provide sector analysis of priority areas for investment
- Investor sourcing
- Lead identification of qualified investors
- Transaction support
- Develop valuation activities and detailed financial models
- Perform sensitivity analysis and stress testing to examine impacts on valuation
- Coordinate due diligence and transaction execution.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Excellent analytical ability and discipline; ability to think clearly, structure problems logically, and then design and implement solutions that focus on the core issues
- Excellent quantitative skills; ability to apply analytical rigor to complex and uncertain tasks
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate clearly and effectively with diverse audiences
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality output within time constraints
- Familiarity and comfort with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Fluency and comfort operating in a Business English environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Comfort with ambiguity; ability to operate effectively in a changing context
- Ability to build and manage strong relationships with clients and colleagues in stressful environments
- Knowledge of corporate finance and familiarity with company evaluation and valuation techniques
- Demonstrated leadership skills; preferably in a fast-moving and complex environment
- Experience working in developing countries; experience in a relevant market where applying or the broader region is particularly relevant
- Willingness to work and live in a sometimes-challenging environment, and travel when needed
- Fluency in French and/or Arabic (preferably Tunisian dialect).
Application Closing Date
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below