The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Intern
Requisition ID: req43410
Location: Mubi North, Adamawa
- The Intern reports to the Finance Office Mubi. She / he supports the Finance Assistant / Office in aspects of day-to-day operations of the accounting department in the Mubi Field office.
- Assist the finance assistant when making payments to suppliers, contractors and program staff based on approved documents and in line with authority delineation.
- Assist the finance assistant in ensuring scrutiny of the entire bill for accuracy and receipt of goods before processing for payment.
- Assist the finance officer on documentation, preparation of cash disbursement voucher for all cash transactions related to Mubi field office.
- Ensure all transactions are in compliance with IRC accounting policy, Donor restriction and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Maintain confidentiality of all financial and other job-related information.
- Assist the finance Assistant on proper documentation, Stamping, Labelling, and filing of all financial documents.
- Assist the finance office on compiling support documents for audit purposes
- Help finance unit in moving documents in the office system for approval purposes
- With the guidance of the finance Assistant/officer Scan any Finance Document before sending it to the country office for month closing. Common duties:
- Attend and participate in trainings identified / organized by your supervisor
- Follow any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director
- Report any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct (in-country and World-wide) as per the IRC reporting mechanism. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of refugees by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: Finance Officer
- Position directly supervises: None
- Indirect Reporting: Finance Coordinator
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from a recognized College / Institutions.
- A minimum of one (1) year of accounting experience including NYSC service year.
- Computer literate with significant knowledge/experience in excel.
Skills and Competencies:
- Able to work in a high-pressure situation,
- Ability to independently organize work, prioritize task and manage time.
- Strong inter-personal skills, and open to learn new skills
- Self-motivated, honest, highly responsible, and punctual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluent in written and spoken English.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below