At Aquantuo, we understand the challenges Africans face when it comes to receiving and sending goods across the continent. That’s why we’re here to bridge the gap and make it easier for you, without any hassle.
Our customized air and sea freight solutions provide end-to-end services from the US, UK, Canada, China, and Dubai to Africa, and from Ghana to the US. Whether you’re an individual, small business, or large enterprise, we have a solution that fits your needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Analyst Intern
About the Job
- We are seeking a highly motivated and analytical NYSC individual to join our finance team.
- As a Finance Analyst Intern, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the world of finance and play a critical role in supporting our finance team.
- This internship is designed to provide you with exposure to various financial analysis tasks and help you develop essential skills for a successful career in finance.
- Keeping proper books of Accounts.
- Ensure daily updates of QuickBooks with transactions from all sources i: e bank accounts, Mobile Money etc.
- Daily update of the company’s Backend/Transition payments
- Ensure all Accounts Receivable and Payables and reconcile payments made in; Payment Processors, Bank, Mobile Money Deposits – Checks, cash etc.
- Tracks all receipts and payments
- Execute BFM purchase requests within 15 minutes from when notified and follow up on them to ensure cancellations or processing issues occur.
- Create customer invoices in a timely manner for prompt payment.
- Create receipts for delivered items or payments.
- Ensure that all payments received via third-party payment platforms are what are being deposited into our accounts.
- Assist in preparing monthly payroll statutory deductions such as PENSIONS, NHIS, NHF and PAYE for payment within statutory deadlines.
- Preparing monthly VAT and other returns and submitting these within statutory deadlines.
- Ensure all reconciliations are done in the QuickBooks to ensure that financial reports are accurate and update within 8 working days of the month end.
- Ensure all utility payments, leases, loans, insurance policies are paid on time to avoid penalties.
- Preparation of annual/monthly budget and assess expenditure to determine where opportunities may exist for cost saving.
- Generate weekly analysis report of P&L and balance sheet per shipment.
- Ensure financial projections for income are exceeded while expenses are minimized.
- Monitoring of budgets to ensure that spend is per budget, as well as analyzing and explaining causes of variances/deviations, if any, from budgeted figures.
- Ensure funds are always available to facilitate quick shipments of imports along with necessary customs and clearing fees.
- Work hand in hand with other departments to purchase, update, process, ship, clear and deliver packages.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by senior leadership team.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register of the company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, or Finance or equivalent experience,
- 0 – 3 years’ financial analysis and modeling experience, preferably as an NYSC candidate.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial modeling.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team and adapt to a fast-paced environment.
- Eagerness to learn and a strong work ethic.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.