Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Application Closing Date
23rd June, 2023
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: External Engagement Intern
Requisition Number: INTER001798
Job Category: Administration
Reports: Global Affairs Specialist
Summary of Role
- The External Engagement Intern will support the External Engagement Team in preparing for, executing, and following up on Pathfinder’s events and conferences, including virtual support through Zoom, occasional in-person support for in-person events, and admin support through vendor coordination and invoice processing.
- Should have strong written and verbal communication skills, ideally in both English and French to support proofreading for external-facing materials and resources, including emails to Pathfinder’s mailing list, event presentations, 1-pagers, and more.
1. Virtual Conference and Event Support:
- Zoom coordination, including running slides, pulling attendee reports, assisting speakers with technical difficulties
- Booking interpretation in Pathfinder languages
- Ad hoc support with drafting concept notes, runs-of-show, talking points, and other event preparation/follow-up as necessary
- Provides logistical support for conference preparation, including booking hotels and meeting venues, collecting information from conference delegation, and other support as necessary
- Majority of support will be virtual, with occasional opportunities to support in-person events and conferences.
2. Proofreading and Editing:
- Must be proficient in English and French
- Must be able to proofread translated French content to ensure accuracy and readability
- Will provide proofreading and editing for presentations, emails, concept notes, 1-pagers, and more.
3. Admin Support:
- Provides administrative support to the External Engagement team, including invoice processing, meeting scheduling, notetaking, and more
- Supports knowledge management by updating the ongoing event tracker and ensuring that External Engagement team records are well-maintained
- Sits in on coalition and working group meetings to take and share notes
Required Education and Work Experience
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Global Development, Communications, or related field.
- Proficiency in English and French
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Software: Microsoft Office, Canva, Zoom, EveryAction
- Communications Principles and Practices: Skilled writing and copy editing for various editorial formats including web, promotional, and technical cop.
Preferred Competence and Work Experience:
- Experience working with matrixed organizations
- Experience working with international organizations
- Analysis and Sound Judgment: Advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills.
- Ability to make sound judgments.
- Ability to improve processes, promote excellence and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Languages: Proven ability to write and speak using English and French
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Demonstrated commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented and consistently accurate, ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced environment, ability to quickly learn new systems, processes and procedures, and ability to adapt local practices to global standards.
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Technology to be Used:
- Uses cellular and office phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
- Travel required (10% or less).
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the “apply now” icon below