The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consortium Intern
Requisition ID: req43067
Location: Katsina, Nigeria
Employment Type: Intern
Employment Category: Regular
Open to Expatriates: No
Scope of Work
- The Consortium intern will report to the consortium Team lead Northwest and will be responsible for providing administrative support and preparing meetings and managing departmental requests and correspondence.
- The main duties include managing office files, organizing meetings and regular reports, and organizing records.
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential consortium documents such as letters and memorandum of understanding with MDAs and Partners
- Organizing consortium meetings and events with MDAs and partners
- Distribute and store consortium correspondence.
- Preparation of presentations, spreadsheets, and reports for meetings, regular reports on events, expenses, and office budgets.
- Manage office supplies stock and place orders,
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned.
- Any other assigned consortium tasks by the supervisor.
Reporting and Documentation:
- Ensure the timely and quality delivery of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual project reports.
- Ensure high-quality IRC and donor reports on activities, indicators and achievements.
- Ensure that all reporting is disaggregated by age and gender.
- Keep proper records of all project activities.
- Create and sustain a work environment of mutual respect where team members strive to achieve excellence.
- University Degree in Law, Political Science, Psychology, Social Sciences or Social Work (Bachelors as a minimum).
- Ability to manage teams especially field teams in a challenging environment
- Ability and willingness to live and work in a challenging environment
- Good communication skills (written and verbal), cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise, team player.
- Ability to live and productively work under stress and in insecure and harsh environments while maintaining a sense of humour
- Fluency in English and other languages desirable.
- Knowledge of the local language will be an added value.
Computer / Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Application Closing Date
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below