Youngstars Foundation is an African youth NGO that is raising young people and building youth organizations to proactively improve leadership, democratic governance and innovations in the continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Social Media Intern
Location: Nyanya, Abuja (FCT)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage a comprehensive social media strategy for the foundation with priority focus on its activities and project.
- Lead the social media campaign of increasing our likes and followership on all social media platforms by 5 times by close of the year.
- Lead all social media campaigns of the organization to achieve their goals.
- Ensure that our social media efforts result or convert to raising funds for the the foundation projects.
- Create engaging social media content using storytelling, vox pops and video content models.
- Work closely with the project teams and others to develop and disseminate content on project-related news and learnings.
- Define, monitor and evaluate important social media analytics.
- Monitor SEO and web matrix/user engagement and suggest content optimization strategies.
- Alongside the knowledge management unit, develop field success stories towards giving a human face to the project.
- Collaborate with counterpart, copywriters, designers and colleagues at the foundation and other implementing partners to develop visually appealing content and schedule campaigns.
- Utilize the latest social media best practices and technologies.
- Leverage relationships with industry professionals and influencers to push project contents.
- Build capacity of relevant staff at the foundation on social media management skills.
- Ensure our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn communities receive a high level of support through effective moderation and strong community management
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews.
- Oversee all social media accounts including managing design (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout).
- Suggest and implement new features to develop brand awareness, like promotions and competitions of the organization.
- Create the communications and marketing planning across the whole organization.
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI.
- Support Communications Team in repurposing and creating fresh content for regular e-Newsletters and other direct communication.
- Expand digital dissemination outlets for information sharing such as websites, webinars, social media, videos, data visualizations, infographics, emails listservs, etc
- Interested candidates should possess a Degree with 2-3 years experience.
- A solid understanding and proven experience of the use of a range of social media platforms and content marketing particularly in relation to advertising/branding and customers
- Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to use of effective storytelling techniques.
- Work 2times a week. Physical work location – An Orphanage – Nyanya, Abuja.
- An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately
- Organizational skills, with the capacity to prioritize and work across multiple projects
- Project and campaign management skills/
N40,000 – N50,000 / Month.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.