Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency. The PUI Nigerian Mission has been officially opened in April 2016, with a focus on meeting urgent needs, including improving access to food commodities, primary health care and nutrition for Internally Displaced People (IDP) and host communities (HC) living in Maiduguri Metropolitan Council (MMC).
The progressive sectorial widening allowed PUI to start implementing an integrated approach from 2017 in food security, livelihoods, and nutrition and health sectors, with the support of ECHO, FFP, OFDA and CIAA/CDC, BHA in line with PUI’s global strategy. In mid-2018, PUI developed its comprehensive response by adding Protection and Community Outreach (PCO) activities to the existing programs in Bolori II. In 2018, PUI also scaled up its intervention with the opening of Monguno LGA base, with the main objectives of reducing morbidity and mortality of the most vulnerable population and promoting protection amongst the whole affected community.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communication Intern
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
General Objective / Summary
- Under the supervision of the Grants Officer, the Communication intern shall ensure the support for the development of communication in the mission and manage the prioritized social media channels.
- S/he should assist the Grants Officer in planning, organizing, implementing, and monitoring agreed-on communication activities.
- The intern is expected to take advantage of the space offered for experience gathering and self-development while providing quality service to PUI Nigeria.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Ensure the proper flow of information between the field teams and the coordination team by sharing communication products as relevant;
- Collect communication inputs from field and coordination teams to feed deliverables including photographs of events and activities that showcase PUI work;
- Attend occasional field visits, program, and staff meetings to gather story ideas and interviews
- Monitor and reply to communications on the platforms under the guidance of the Grant Officer.
- Post information, upload, and archive photos and videos on the relevant platforms daily or as directed by the Grant Officer;
- Support the Grant Officer in the creation of new external communication tools, development, and animation of social networks, contribution to the annual activity report, support to the field teams in the realization of success stories;
- Identify the PUI’s and donors visibility in all premises. Propose a plan to update and upgrade visibility.
The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- A First Degree in Communication, Mass Communication, Digital Marketing, English Language, International Relations or any relevant field is essential.
- Experience working in a team, experience in an association and/or international environment appreciated
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of communication tools, social media (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Canva, etc.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for a wide range of internal and external audiences.
- Proactive and energetic outlook with an understanding of fast-paced environments
- Knowledge of basic graphic design, video editing, and photography
- Knowledge of web content management systems; knowledge of user experience, search engine optimization, and website best practices
- Fluency in English and Hausa is mandatory; good knowledge of Kanuri is an asset.
- Interests: Working in humanitarian relief (field visits on PUI Nigeria’s sites of intervention depending on security conditions)
- Knowledge of PUI programming in Nigeria will be an added advantage.
- Transversals skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, particularly in soliciting and incorporating critique and feedback from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently
- Strong motivation to help people in need
- Ability to analyze and suggest improvements in communication activities
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation
- Well-organized and hard worker
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Able to check the validity of information, logical thinking
- Neutrality, Integrity, and Reliability
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
Application Closing Date
8th October, 2023.
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below