At Tetra Pak, we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere, and we protect what’s good – protecting food, protecting people and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people’s lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Automation Intern
- We are looking for an Automation intern would be actively supporting the Automation and Electrical team. This role will include design, engineering, and implementation with the oversight of a senior engineer. Focus will also be placed in Industrial Networking, Virtual Environments (Hardware Software) as part of the development plan.
- The role will be based in the Lagos, Nigeria and report to the Automation & Electrical Engineering Manager based in South Africa.
What you will do
- Supporting the Market companies with developing automation strategies and executing automation projects.
- Providing necessary technical support for the Africa cluster and service to our customers.
- Reviewing electrical drawings, P&ID documents & process descriptions.
- Providing support with pre projects costing, customer meetings, site evaluation, creation of scope documents.
- Understanding the Tetra Pak Plant Master internal methodology and providing cost estimates for electrical & automation costing.
- Understanding the S88 and S95 standards, PCS 7 experience will provide a great platform to be successful in role.
- Creating of BOM for electrical and automation solutions.
- Coordinating for electrical and automation items on SAP.
- Developing and commissioning of plant automation systems (hardware and software) as part of an overall production solution combined by process and automation.
- Development of tools to enable system integrator support for rapid software engineering and hardware creation.
- Technical support, commissioning and troubleshooting activities – remote and/or at site (Africa region).
- Creating software design documents, prepare and perform FAT tests with end customers.
- Development of IT hardware standards
- Development of Virtual Environments
- B.Sc or B.Tech Degree in Electrical / Mechatronic / Computer Engineering.
- Equivalent ND in Electrical / Mechatronic / Computer Engineering.
- English language proficiency
- Willingness to travel 50% of your working time
We Offer You
- A variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- A culture that pioneers a spirit of innovation where our industry experts drive visible results
- An equal opportunity employment experience that values diversity and inclusion
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
Application Closing Date
How To Apply: Interested candidates should click on “Apply Now” below