Nuru Nigeria is a local NGO with affiliates in the US, Kenya and Ethiopia, and is starting up operations in Nigeria. The mission is to end extreme poverty in remote rural communities. Nuru’s first involvement in Nigeria was established in 2017 and began work in 2018 in Adamawa State, Nigeria with the creation of Nuru Nigeria. The long-term goal of Nuru Nigeria is the establishment of a locally led, self-sustainable, Nigerian NGO which will continue to work with local rural communities indefinitely.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agriculture and Farmers’ Cooperative Intern
Reports to: Project Coordinator
- The Agriculture & Farmers’ Cooperative Intern will provide technical support to the BC-RAD field team in the implementation of activities in all thematic areas.
- He/ She will support the PC and another program team in coordinating farmers groups for delivery of program activities and performing other administrative support to the field team.
The Agriculture Intern will:
- Work closely with the community field agents to integrate the BC-RAD project into the community, support in effective mobilization of farmers group for all BC-RAD project activities.
- He/ She will provide technical support in the documentation of program activities, field reports and capturing of success stories.
- Support during field training and delivery of agricultural extension activities, prepare and distribute all farmer training items, and document learning points/notes for activity evaluations.
- Support in the management of all agriculture and nutrition-related demonstration activities.
- Actively participate in M&E activities and support in monitoring and tracking program successes, carrying out of assessments and surveys as well as collation of data for proper documentation.
- Support the PC in the establishment of an effective community feedback mechanism and dissemination of program information.
- Perform any other tasks that may be assigned/instructed by Supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree, National Diploma, NCE in the following fields; Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development, Cooperative Studies or any other related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience working in agriculture-related field, experience working in development projects preferred.
- Knowledge of farmer organization and experience working with smallholder farmers in development is highly required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Good understanding and fluency in Hausa, Fufulde or Kilba is highly preferred.
- Excellent computer application skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word & Excel programs) and Google apps.
- Sound understanding of the program context area is highly required and willingness to work in remote communities.
Application Closing Date
30th July, 2023.
How To Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.