CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation for people with disabilities. For more than 100 years, it has been fighting based on Christian values in the world’s poorest regions to improve the quality of life of people who have a disability. It is committed to preventing disabilities. CBM’s aim is to break the cycle of poverty and disability in developing countries and to create a world in which people with disabilities have the same opportunities and rights as all others.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Intern
Based: We welcome applications from those with the residency and right to work in Nigeria
Reports to: The Admin Intern will report to the Executive Assistant to the Country Director.
Job Type: Fixed-term contract for 12 months/Full-Time
- The role works directly with the Executive Assistant to the Country Director to manage the CO accounting and closely with the Country Finance Manager and other CBM Global staff.
- Follow all CBM Global policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by the Country Director, Executive Assistant and or the SMT
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to ensure smooth operation of all administrative matters.
- Welcome visitors to the Country Office while receiving documents at the front desk and directing to respective staff members.
- Perform clerical tasks such as filing, scanning documents into an electronic system, and making copies of documents.
- Support in taking attendance and minutes of regular Country Office meetings and other meetings as required.
- Organize, plan, and contribute to coordination of team activities (meetings, workshops, travel budgets).
- Act as the contact person for the administrative team during the absence of team members, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate team member(s), within the CBM Global Country Office.
- Assist in receiving of purchased goods and distributing them to each department and staff.
- Assist in filing of supporting documents/invoices linked to administration.
- Assist in staff recruitment process and interviews arrangement in cooperation with the Executive Assistant and relevant staff members.
- Provide assistance to Executive Assistant to manage monthly utility usages such as Country office beverages, stationery, etc while ensuring timely re-stocking of supplies.
- Provide updated reports to the Executive Assistant, and to CBM Global Country Director as requested
- In depth understanding of CBMG’s Safeguarding policy and the Code of Conduct, and how these are relevant to their work.
- Knows and considers the power people think they hold because of their position at CBMG and takes care not to abuse it by treating everyone with respect.
- Considers their personal values and biases, taking care these do not negatively impact on how they interact with and treat the different individuals they will come across during their work at CBMG.
- Able to report and escalate safeguarding concerns appropriately. Challenges inappropriate behaviours of peers. Able to implement safeguarding requirements in their area of responsibility.
- Acts as a role model for CBMG’s commitment to zero-tolerance for abuse, do no harm and safeguarding standards.
Key Outcomes Expected from this Role
- Efficient Administrative Support: Administrative tasks handled in a timely and professional manner.
- Problem-Solving and Initiative: Demonstrate a proactive approach to problem-solving, taking initiative to identify and address administrative challenges as they arise. Be resourceful and solution-oriented in handling tasks and requests.
- Adaptability and Flexibility: Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility in handling various tasks and responsibilities. Be open to learning and acquiring new skills that contribute to your growth and effectiveness as an admin intern.
- University Degree or equivalent in any field with minimum of two years’ experience in an administrative and logistics capacity related to disability and development.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and develop creative solutions.
- Self-driven and can relate well to people of various backgrounds and positions.
- Good communication
- Ability to work and deliver outputs under pressure.
- Fluent in English language
- Lived experience of disability
- Working knowledge of computers, especially MS Word, Excel, power point, internet navigation and any accounting software experience
- Strong analytical skills including attention to detail are essential.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply: Interested and candidates should click on “Apply Now”